Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
New wikiloops version 14 open for preview

New wikiloops version 14 open for preview

posted on #101
Acousticeg Supporter
I bet you say that to all the guitarist...lol :)
posted on #102
Karuma
Bradford wrote:
Getting reports that the embedded player doesn't work for some people. The first time I tried the loop brackets were both set to the beginning. I closed FB then tried again and no more issues. Some people have tried different browsers and tell me that nothing works.

Thanks for the report. I think I can give you at least some information about the embed player. The player was a bit 'problematic' because it's based on some very old code that really needs some clean up. Let's say the player was really hard to maintain and it was quite challenging to fix any bugs. So the embed player was on Dicks an my bucket list since a while now.
I started rewriting parts of the code that generates the embed code 4 or 5 days ago and spent some very long nights to lift it onto a better foundation. I'm not done yet and it will probably take some more days before we can release the new stuff, but I hope that everything will be more stable then.
Because we didn't relase anything yet we can be sure that the problems that you describe must have been there for a while now and nobody noticed them. That in turn tells me that it was a good idea to start working on the player ;)
+3
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #103
zedders Supporter
I didn't realise Wikiloops has been going since 1970.
[wl]322[/wl]
posted on #104
TeeGee Supporter
zedders wrote:
I didn't realise Wikiloops has been going since 1970.

The deep musical and spiritual roots of Wikiloops are much older than 1970, probably going way back to the 15th century. However some of the first published tracks here have indeed some funny dates in the database ;)
posted on #106
LittleWing Supporter
Dick this is NOT an urgent issue but just pointing it out. For some reason when there is a track with a few comments, the chronology of the comments randomly glitches and will insert a comment posted 10 hours agao in between two comments posted 6 and 5 hours ago.
Noticed this a couple of times and think it has something to do when you click "see more comments".

No need to reply or follow up. I trust ya.

Note the comment times.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/FS70xCk.png[/img]

Second photo showing decending times of comments: Comment posted 6 hours ago then a follow up at 5 hours ago then a comment ten hours ago is suddenly inserted before Dees comment at 5 hours ago. The 10 hour ago comment shouldnt be in any of these screen shots.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/kbXRMQ1.png[/img]
posted on #107
bassman78fr Supporter
This Post to signal that the "Trim Tracks" function is no longer operational in the design of Wikiloops Albums.
And this, regardless of the browser used in Windows 11
+1
posted on #108
Al-Fadista Supporter
bassman78fr wrote:
This Post to signal that the "Trim Tracks" function is no longer operational in the design of Wikiloops Albums.
And this, regardless of the browser used in Windows 11

Exactly, I was going to report the exact same thing, doesn't work.
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
WikiLoops is the perfect place to exercise your instruments and share the results with the other musicians. It may even really help to turn yourself into a more experienced musician over time.
cschlote from Germany

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.